We provide Cost consultancy services for the management of construction budgets from project inception to completion by controlling costs and managing risks. The overall aim is to maximise value for money for our clients.
Our cost consultancy role typically includes the following:
- Cost modelling – preparation of initial estimates based on specialists’ benchmark data.
- Cost planning – preparation of a detailed cost plan, using the industry leading software where appropriate. Various design concepts and options are investigated during this phase. The cost plan is continually updated to reflect design changes.
- Value engineering and risk management – value and risk management is considered throughout the design process.
- Procurement – advising on the most appropriate construction procurement strategy to minimise risk. Assisting with contractor selection. Managing the tender process and preparing a report on tenders received.
- Post contract management – preparation of interim payment valuations, preparation of financial reports at regular intervals to advise of any cost changes, and agreement of the final account with the contractor.
- Resolution of cost disputes on third party projects.
Our cost consultants are experienced in projects in all the sectors in which we work including the food manufacturing industry, energy from waste and industrial infrastructure development and the independent education sector. Trustworthy estimating is essential to the success of an industrial building project; accuracy and robustness are key drivers to achieve this.
Robust cost advice is achieved by using our own specific benchmark data. We benchmark all projects completed. This data allows us to challenge design and to provide proven cost information.
For more details on our Cost Management Services call us on 01780 482200.